Customers may watch MotorTrend on their Smart TV via Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast or Amazon Fire TV. Please see What Devices Are Supported by MotorTrend? above for additional information.
Our mobile apps support casting to a variety of devices. MotorTrend's mobile app currently enables casting to:
- LG TV 2015+ based on WebOS (may include some 2014 models as well)
- Samsung* Tizen TV 2017+ (2015-16 in development)
- Vizio** TV 2015+ (including Vizio Cast TV models & may include some models from 2013 & 2014, excluding models that run Opera OS)
- Sony Android TV (via Chromecast) 2015 and later models based on Android TV
- TCL TV - Android TV platform
*There is a lite app for Samsung TVs that work with our mobile apps. It will work on Samsung Tizen TV 2017 and later models. Support for 2015 & 2016 models are expected in the future. We will enable detection and casting to older TVs from our systems when the app becomes available.
If needed you can install the Samsung TV MotorTrend lite app manually if it does not get installed automatically.
- Launch the app store on the TV with the remote ("Apps" from the bottom row after pressing the "Source" button on the remote)
- Select the search icon (Magnifying glass, likely in the upper right)
- Start to type in "MotorTrend" and the app should show up as an option after the first few letters
- Select the app and then the "Install" button
After the Samsung TV MotorTrend Lite app is installed then casting should work with the TV app launched or not, as long as the TV is accepting connections from mobile devices and the mobile is on the same WiFi.
**Vizio TVs: To check to see if the Vizio TV is on Opera OS, check the TV's app store (click through it), and if it comes up as "yahoo! connected TV store" for apps then it is on Opera OS.
Please note that Amazon Prime channel subscription is separate from a subscription to MotorTrend's premium streaming service.