There are some subscription statuses in the Google Play store that can stop your subscription from being able to access content. The two messages you could see are:
Pump the brakes!
Your subscription has an outstanding payment issue. To manage your Google Play subscription please visit g.co/play/subscriptions on a phone or computer, or use the Play Store app on your mobile device.
Pump the brakes!
You have paused your subscription. To manage your Google Play subscription please visit g.co/play/subscriptions on a phone or computer, or use the Play Store app on your mobile device.
In both cases, the Android TV app will have two buttons
- "Sign Out" will log you out of the app which is useful if you need to change what account is logged in to your app
- "Check Again" use this after resolving the issue in the Google Play store to have our systems check back with the Google Play store. If we receive confirmation that the subscription has been updated then it will get you back into gear for streaming in the app.
For more information on the hold status, Google Play Help has an article on how to fix this on Android devices and on a computer.
If you paused your subscription, you can resume it before the end of the paused period. Note that your billing date from Google will change to the resumed date.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store. On the web, similar steps can be done at g.co/play/subscriptions
- Check if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
- Tap 'hamburger stack' Menu > Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to start again.
- Tap Manage > Resume.